- A reference book on any subject, the items of which are arranged in alphabetical order
- An associative array (also associative container, map, mapping, dictionary, finite map, and in query-processing an index or index file) is an abstract data type composed of a collection of unique keys and a collection of values, where each key is associated with one value (or set of values).
- A book that lists the words of a language in alphabetical order and gives their meaning, or that gives the equivalent words in a different language
- A dictionary, also referred to as a lexicon, wordbook, or vocabulary, is a collection of words in one or more specific languages, often listed alphabetically, with usage information, definitions, etymologies, phonetics, pronunciations, and other information;Webster’s New World College Dictionary
- a reference book containing an alphabetical list of words with information about them
- an Indo-European language belonging to the West Germanic branch; the official language of Britain and the United States and most of the commonwealth countries
- of or relating to or characteristic of England or its culture or people; “English history”; “the English landed aristocracy”; “English literature”
- Of or relating to England or its people or language
- the people of England
- an Indic language; the state language of Maharashtra in west central India; written in the Devanagari script
- Carey, Serampore, 1810, 8vo: Kennedy, Bombay, 1824, fol.: Jugunnauth Shastri Kramavant, Bombay, 1829-1831, 4to, 3 vols.: Molesworth, ib. 1831, 4to; 2nd ed. 1847, 4to; ed. Candy, Bombay, 1857, 4to, 957 pages; abridged by Baba Padmanji, ib. 1863, 8vo; 2nd ed.
- The Indic language of the Marathas, spoken by about 60 million people in Maharashtra and elsewhere
- (?????) is one of the widely spoken languages of India, and has a long literary history. In Maharashtra state about 70 million people speak Marathi.
khandbahale english marathi dictionary – Essential Marathi
Essential Marathi Cookbook
The Essential Marathi Cookbook, a modern, easy-to-use introduction to several Marathi sub-cuisines, travels across the regions and religions of Maharashtra to bring out the most authentic and appetizing recipes from the state. Journalist and chef Kaumudi Marathe presents a varied and nuanced selection ranging from the delectable entrees long associated with Maharashtra, to appetizing and unusual side dishes, and a plethora of desserts, as well as, lesser-known but equally tantalizing family and regional specialties which have never before appeared in an English-language cookbook. The comprehensive introduction describes Marathi cooking basics, ingredients and techniques and also explains the special spices used in Marathi kitchens along with the methods for their best use in seasonings. Packed with personal anecdotes and food memories from the author and other contributors to the book, The Essential Marathi Cookbook is the definitive guide to Marathi food and customs. Recipes include: Pithla-Bhat (zesty gram flour sauce with hot rice), Shiryachi Poli (sweet semolina-stuffed bread), Ambyacha Loncha (green mango-mustard pickle), Spicy Kolhapuri mutton, Suranachi Koshimbir (elephant s foot yam salad), Kelphulachi Bhaji (banana blossom stir-fry), Pach Dalinchi Amti (five lentil stew), Mugache Kadhan (Konkan lentil-coconut pudding), Bol Marie (East Indian coconut pie), Pathare-Prabhu baked karanjis (coconut crescents), Kharvas (first-milk custard), Khudi (sautA©ed East Indian-style chicken), Ukad Shengule (sorghum pasta), Kaumudi s grandmother s Lettuce Salad
Marathi christian praying in church with "Prabhat pheri"
Marathi Christian praying at church